Search My Blog

Friday 27 May 2016

Lindy Bop Sale Madness

Great Balls of Fire

I've just spent far too much in the Lindy Bop sale... So much for the 'on a tight budget' rule :/ This was also not my scheduled post for today but I just had to blog about my sale moment of madness. Reader... it was a bloodfest, haha.

It's currently still on as I write this post so if you're looking to grab a bargain now's the time - some items are under a tenner! Amazing. There's quite an array of items up as well so I was spoilt for choice. The only major set back was the sheer traffic to the site which prevented me from getting some bits yesterday and drove me to drink a cold bottle of beer with my dinner last night. It was seriously frustrating as the site kept crashing, putting me in a queue of hundreds and losing what I'd put in my basket. It was a total virtual shopping frenzy. I gave up and went to bed but decided to have a go again this morning (after my beautiful boys decided that 5am was a great time to rise) and had much more success - great for me but not so great for my overdraft. I have missed out on a few things I was really keen on as they'd sold out by the time I was able to buy this morning but hey ho, that's how sale shopping goes.


I've tried to buy a range of items, some of which will be more versatile than others. I've also tried to push myself a little and go for some colour and prints. I can't wait for the parcel to arrive on 2nd June... I'm also a little tentative as the fit is probably going to be an issue with most items but I can but try. I've ordered a size or two up from my other Lindy Bop dresses (I have 3 already) as they are now far too tight.

My main rules for buying in the sale were;
  • They had to be no more than £10 (I think I made an exception for one item but it was only £14 so not too bad) 
  • I have to be able to access my - ahem - mammaries *coy look* as I'm still in the throes of breastfeeding my youngest
  • They need to be versatile; can be dressed up and down (for the rare occasion when I might actually get to dress up to go out somewhere non-child related)
  • And can be day appropriate (there's little chance of me doing the nursery run in a full blown sateen circle skirt and petticoat).
  • They wouldn't potentially make me look like a 5 year old girl going to a birthday party or like I'm trying to dress to match my toddlers
I was seriously tempted by the Bletchley stripe shirt dresses which come in black, red or green and were available in my size and which fit with my style brief very well... and at £18 in the sale they are a great price. Unfortunately, they are still just that bit too much for me. Darn it. Maybe next time. 

Elsewhere on my shopping list; 


  • White plimsolls,

  • Jeans (the type with turn ups or can be turned up easily)

  • Maybe a bomber jacket (there's so many out there at the moment & I think the right one could look fab),

  • Raglan / baseball tops,

  • White ankle & trainer socks (I seriously don't own a single white sock - my sock drawer is dominated by black).

  • Possibly dungarees... Provided they don't make me look like a kid (see last point above)


  • I've tried to think of other things which will key me into the look but which will be easy to wear and fit in with my chaotic lifestyle. Will be having a look in Primark and online at H&M and La Redoute as they're a good price (especially in the sales or if I can find a voucher code) and it's amazing the things you can find. I'm essentially mixing reproduction vintage clothing with modern day high street to try and find a look and style which works for me.

    Will report back on any further purchases and of course how the Lindy Bop purchases shape up when they arrive.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment