Search My Blog

Sunday 29 May 2016

My Rockabilly Summer Outfit of the Day trial run


I'm slowly but surely learning how to code (very, very basic HMTL & CSS) in order to customise my blog... I managed to add my Instagram to the top left - so do follow me on there if you'd like to see more of the pics as and when I upload them. Am naturally on there as myrockabillysummer. I am extremely guilty of using filters and 'artseying' them up a bit before putting them on there - must try to upload some 'natural' ones #nofilter.


OOTD Trial Run

I tried to style myself today in a bit of a nod to rockabilly. Didn't get a photo of the OOTD... but I have detailed it below in case you're interested... was kind of a trial run.

I wore;

- My much loved Lindy Bop 'Onassis' Leopard print top (currently only a bargainous £7 in the sale; pictured left)


- Paired with my brand new brushed black jeans from La Redoute which I rolled up to resemble a capri type trouser (photo also left of the jeans as pictured on their site)

- And I wore my zip up black low top converse trainers. Can't find an image of them or anything like them anywhere on the net so will grab a photo soon to upload for you to see. I've had them for a while - genuinely can't remember where I got them. I suspect they might have been a bargain find in TK Maxx.

My hair was ever so slightly bee hived and put into a low bun... looked a little '50s secretary I thought. I think it could have done with a plain black headscarf but I don't have one. Must put that on the shopping list. You can have a shufty at today's insta to kinda see what my hair and make-up looked like.

I'm particularly loving my Revlon Colour burst matte lip balm in 'sultry.'  It's so easy to put on and lasts quite well - I like to layer it on top of the classic Benefit Benetint cheek and lip stain in rose to help keep the colour for longer. The colour has enough of a kick that it's worth wearing but it's day suitable. I love red lippy but I find it a bit much for day to day wear - it's great for a night out though *trying to remember the last time I had a night out*

And I have to talk about my Converse glasses... I've had them for years but I love them... I think they suit me but they also key into the vintage look. I bought them from Vision Express in Westfield and went with a brown frame rather than black one as I felt it looked better with my very fair complexion. I would be tempted to try a black frame now though to see if it's got more impact... and maybe something more exaggerated cats eye shaped. Althought there's aways a risk you end up looking like something out of a '50s dressing up costume.  I prefer not to wear heavy eye make up when I'm wearing them  (so no winged eyeliner or lots of mascara - just a lick) and I think the Revlon Matte Balm looks great combined with the glasses and my blue hair. Just enough but not too much. Wearable but hopefully looks like I've made an effort.

I also had a faux leather jacket but it was too warm to wear that today, and my classic black Wayfarer Ray Bans that I snaffled from Secret Sales a while ago. There's something timelessly cool about those sunnies.

I'm a bit stuck for a bag - I don't think anything I have particularly works. I had my very uncool, Mumsy black Kipling bag instead today. Very practical if not massively stylish - I have to shove a lot of crap into it when out and about with the boys and I love all the pockets!

Thoughts

The outfit worked well I thought and was easy to wear -  I wore a black vest under the leopard print top to enable a less flashy breast feeding experience and I was able to roll around the living room floor and run around the garden with my kids. Not a bad trial run I'd say.

Parting gift

A woman actually laughingly said to me "I have to ask, what do you call that hair colour?" She then went on with some further comments about me but not to me - RUDE. I chose to rise above it and ignore her but was tempted to ask her the same! I'd rather have blue hair than a badly bleached brassily blondish mess. Oooh, bitchy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, I like your blog! I don't know how to 'like' it though as I'm new to blogger and just came across it as I'm exploring lol �� So thought I'd let you know with a comment lol ��

    ReplyDelete