Search My Blog

Wednesday 25 May 2016

The beginning of my Rockabilly Summer...

Vintage Tea Partying

I've started this blog for a number of reasons;


The Mum Bubble. 

The Mum Bubble is real people! I'm a fairly new mum and have effectively been on maternity leave for near on 2 years after having my second son 18 months after the first.  I have turned into a shuffling, zombie-esque birds nest of a person and I want to find something akin to a 'style.' 

WERK IT. 

I've got to go back to work after this Summer and return to being a useful, professional individual in a world of commerce. Or something like that. Basically, I'll probably have to dress and present myself in a certain way which means I want to take this opportunity to have some FUN with my look (say in spooky horror film voice) 'before it's too laaaate.'

Ooby Dooby.

I heart the Rockabilly look. I love vintage. I love alternative. I love retro. But despite occasionally touching on this in my outfits I've always been too shy to really 'go fer it.' So, why not now?

Body Positivity

Again... I've recently had two babies. This does things to your body that nothing prepares you for. I've changed and it's too easy to give into the Gremlins. This is a chance to enjoy dressing myself and say fuck it to all the negative stuff. 

I'll explore the rules of this little Summer experiment in my next post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment