Search My Blog

Saturday 4 June 2016

Baby T Rex and a birthday

Evening!

This is just a quick post as I'm knackered. Arthur, the baby, was incredibly disruptive last night (not really sure why, but let's say teething as it's always teething) and I've had very little sleep. On top of that we've had to deal with a very moany, tantrum prone toddler all of today. So I'm eating mint chocolate (Moser Roth from Aldi - it's delish) and doing a quick post about what I wore today and then I'm going to collapse into bed.

The Maidstone Museum had a Dinosaur Day on today so we thought we'd take the Dino mad 2 year old down as it was promised that a 'baby T-Rex' was going to be strolling around the town (i.e one of those scarily realistic Dinosaur suits). Well, the lovely afternoon with a delighted little boy turned into a shit show of pretty epic proportions. Henry fell asleep in the pushchair on the walk into town - which never happens - and woke up like the World was ending just as my Husband and I sat on a bench to eat our lunch. He then proceeded to wail and throw himself on the grass and generally be as difficult as he possibly could for NO APPARENT REASON. The T-Rex then came along to do the rounds of the park we were in, as it was adjoining said Museum, and I ran the length of the park with Henry so that he could see it. He was not impressed and was quite firm that "he not touch me." So that went well. James (the other half) then took Henry into the museum and no sooner than had I settled myself on the grass with the baby than my screeching toddler was being returned in a prostrate position next to me. On top of that my new white plimsolls were rubbing the buggery out of my heels so I had to apply some Compeed forthwith in public - very glam.

Anyway, the outfit. 

Make-up 
I wore most of my usual make-up including winged liner but held off the falsies, bronzer and bright red lip.  I did wear a red tinted lip balm from Carmex so not completely bare lipped. I missed my lashes though - my natural ones are just rubbish even after being curled and coated in mascara. I might just have to include them in my normal make-up routine after all...


Hair
I showered and washed my hair this morning so it was lovely and soft and so I held off using any product (except heat protector spray before blow drying & running my straighteners over it) and simply tied it in a half up do and added my white bandana. The only other accessories were some cute heart earrings I bought in Accessorize a while ago - very kitsch - and another pair of studs with a Converse type star logo on them that I purchased from a Reading Festival a very looooong time ago.

Clothes
I decided to try out the new dungarees I got from La Redoute today which I rolled up and paired with an old white t'shirt. Not convinced the tee was the best choice but I didn't have long to dress and was the best thing I could find at the time... My new white (ouchy) plimsolls and my new black and white baseball style jacket (all La Redoute) finished the outfit off. It was really comfy but I felt like I'd made some effort rather than my usual hash. Embarrassingly I forgot to take the labels off the dungarees which were rather large and hanging down the back. Hahaha. Fortunately, the jacket kept them covered for the most part. Today was an overcast, grey sort of day but it was humid so the jacket came off on the walk home and my Husband was giggling behind me for a short while before I realised what was so funny. *sigh.* What a pleb I am sometimes!

The Dungarees in their 'glory'
I haven't got a photo of the complete outfit but hopefully the above shows you well enough. (well, not a photo I liked - my husband tried to take one of me on the street but I was too self conscious and the photo ended up being hideous so I won't be including it!).

And lastly...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SISTER!

Forever stylish




No comments:

Post a Comment