Search My Blog

Monday 6 June 2016

When the kids are a-napping...

My children love me. I know this because they have gifted me with the joy that is them napping AT THE SAME TIME. It's a wonderful, wonderful thing. And if you need proof of my happiness you only need to look at the following photo collages:

Before synchronised naps

Look at the misery

And during synchronised naps

Happy happy, joy joy

I think the photos speak volumes but I've been laughing at them ever since noticing the difference in my face. I love my kids but nap time is a blessing!

Because I'm at home with the boys by myself today I don't have any real time to do fun dress up shoots but I have managed to cobble myself together into something of an outfit. 

Make-up

I managed to do my make-up but it was a challenge - especially when my two year old was insistent that he help me. My eyeliner is not particularly well done but I've got some on - so that's the main thing. I also decided I would wear falsies and am determined to make them a part of my everyday look because I feel so much more 'done' with them on. And they're really not that hard to apply. Well... apart from today when I managed to smear my eyeliner with the wet glue but you know what I mean. My nude lippy is a plumping gloss from a range called 'Sexy Mother Pucker' from Soap and Glory.

Would be rude not to pout in this gloss

Clothes & accessories

I've got on a black collared cardigan from Lindy Bop over a simple stretch grey & white striped M&S tee and my usual brushed black La Redoute jeans. It's not exactly exciting but I at least look more put together than slopping round in my maternity trews (yes, I sometimes still wear them - they're so flippin' comfy but look awful). And I added my swallow earrings which I found in my jewellery box and thought they looked pretty retro/kitsch. I would love to get some fun brooches as I think they could brighten up outfits like this and add a bit of interest to them. I must do a charity shop trawl soon as I think I could probably find some real gems for not much cash.


Hair

Not much time to do anything with it but I did a little back combing at the crown and caught the sides of my hair back with two black non-slip barrettes I bought in Superdrug just the other day. I think it has a bit of a 60s feel to it. It could probably do with more height for oomph but as I'm just running around after my children today I'm not going to quibble.

Anyway, the toddler is already up so I'm off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment