Search My Blog

Thursday 23 June 2016

Bardot on a grey day



Yesterday I was lucky enough to have a wonderful massage at The Fig Tree Spa in Lenham, Kent. I was very kindly bought a voucher by my Sister in Law and finally got around to utilising it... and boy was it ever needed. I'm sure the poor woman's fingers must have hurt trying to tackle the mega knots in my shoulders and whilst she did a great job I think it would take at least 20 massages to get those bad boys out. I'm also pretty sure my two year old undid all her good work within minutes when he insisted I carry him on a walk around the picturesque village. Ahhhh, but it was lovely and relaxing and so nice to have a few minutes of being pampered. I was so groggy afterwards I think I would have quite happily slept on that table for hours. My legs went numb and my hands tingled so clearly my back is in need of some serious attention - I wonder if I can persuade the Husband to make it a weekly thing?! In my dreams. I must get back there soon though, it was too nice.

As I was going to be undressing and my neck, shoulders and back were going to be massaged and covered in oils I decided to forego doing anything much with my hair. I just washed it and caught the sides back with some plain black hair combs I bought recently on Amazon.




 I wore my super bargainous peachy/pinky coloured ribbon-esque earrings discovered accidently on a quick shopping trip in a Sainsbury's supermarket.

Make-up was a little flirty flick of the eyeliner in my Barry M liquid liner in plum and a red lip. My lipstick was a matte one from NYX in gorgeous shade called 'Eden.' I've had this lippy for a while but this is the first time I've worn it and I love it. It's super pigmented and doesn't feel dry on my lips.


The weather was grey and fairly humid to boot so I wore my black ankle grazer jeans from H&M which I rolled up and paired with my black and white striped Bardot top (also H&M and currently in the sale for only £6.49). I love a Bardot style top as it feels quite glamourous without being over the top. My only issue was getting it to sit right - it takes a while when you first put it on to get the 'flap' to fold all the way around at the top of it which is quite difficult to do on your own. Then, it's getting it to stay put. I think I was fiddling with it the whole day as it moved very easily whilst I was going about my usual activities (running around after a toddler and picking up & playing with the baby for example).



I then helped to define my waist and add a little pop of colour with my 2" Vivien of Holloway belt in blue. I was originally going to put on my black one but couldn't find it but actually think the blue looks better in the end.






To finish off the look I wore my Dune black and white ballet flats and carried my small tan satchel from Accessorize. Both featured in previous posts.

Over all I liked this outfit and I think wearing more form fitting styles suits me and makes the most of what I have. Nipping my waist in and not hiding under baggy options definitely looks better but can make me feel a little self conscious. The top is lovely but a little irritating, not sure if there's a way around it moving so much. Was contemplating sewing it in place but not sure how well the stretchy material will take to that nor whether my sewing skills are up to the challenge. I felt very hour glassy which is a nice feeling and I'm proud of myself for going out in public wearing it and not shying away from my figure and people looking at me. I had to pop to the garage to fill the car up with fuel before heading to the spa and it was slightly tortuous standing in the queue waiting to pay and it feeling like everyone was side-eyeing me - really need to get over that! Need to work on my confidence more but I'm improving slowly everyday. I'm actually wearing my bright red lippy out of the house - a big step for me, haha.

Oh and quite weirdly but very flatteringly, someone on Instagram was inspired by one of my posts to create a painting of it.

Here's the original post:


And here's the painting - can you spot the difference?! :D


Oh and very excitingly for a brief glimmer of time my OOTD post was featured in the top posts section of Instagram for #retrostyle alongside the likes of @kirstiemydear and @missvictoryviolet. Nearly died.



It's so lovely and exciting that people are liking my Instagram posts.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment