Search My Blog

Saturday 11 June 2016

Joining the OOTD Social Club

Now I have an actual tripod I have the oh so easy task of being both model and photographer. I have a remote but it's not working so I had to trot back and forth posing and checking, posing and checking - I just have to think of the calories being burnt at the very least, haha.

Photographer at work
I normally love doing my hair and make-up but today I was grouchy and became increasingly pissed off with my hair... eyeliner... lipstick. Nothing seemed to be going as planned and in the end my general feeling was "fuck it." In keeping with this new attitude I didn't bother curling the main body of my hair at all - just combed out what was already there. I actually liked the way it was sitting so that was a happy accident. The roll I ended up with was not at all what I started out attempting but after several sweary hairspray clouds I gave up and this is the result.



I decided to go with this navy button down wiggle dress from Lindy Bop and was pleasantly surprised that I actually appeared to be getting something akin to a waist returning.

Photo evidence of the waist
Whilst the baby napped I set up the tripod in the living room and had already decided one of the internal doors would be the backdrop. They're genuinely vintage and have been stripped back to the original wood so seemed as good a backdrop as any. And honestly, in this tiny house there would be nowhere else to do these types of full length shots.





My son soon woke up and I grabbed a couple of shots with him producing my favourite picture of the day:

Gotta have that muslin
And then there were the ones of him looking adorable in the mirror

I also did a closeup of my makeup & hair flower.


Looking at it in this photo, I'm actually happy with the eyeliner but when I was applying it I was having one of these days:


And then I posted my first OOTD Instagram post! 


A photo posted by My Rockabilly Summer 💋 (@myrockabillysummer) on


I was really nervous about posting it (and looking at the above I should have ironed the damn dress first!!!) but I'm so glad I did it. I've been looking at other ladies in the OOTD social club and admiring them and really wanting to take part. The clothes are such a big part of this whole thing and I love dressing up and hope sharing this passion this way will translate well.

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment