Search My Blog

Monday 13 June 2016

Red Gingham kind of day

I've been playing with the template of my blog so I haven't actually had much time to write much today! I'm such a nerd - I'm really enjoying learning the basic coding to change the look of it. Who knew it was actually that complicated?!

Anyway, I've posted my second OOTD post this evening so thought I'd run through that quickly...



I backcombed my hair and added my red bandana. The curl was still there so I just combed it out a little and it sat nicely without any further interference from me.





I found some green amber square earrings in my jewellery box which I thought had a vintage feel to them - it's great rediscovering items you haven't looked at in an age and seeing them with fresh eyes.

My top is a black ribbed bardot top from New Look and I shaped the whole look around these red gingham capri trousers from Lindy Bop. I wasn't sure about them at first - they're baggier than I thought Capri trousers should be and there is a design flaw with the belt loops. There isn't one directly at the back of the trousers, which, any woman with a big bottom and small waist knows means the belt and trousers will keep seperating as you move around. Very annoying. Also, basically being Thumbelina means I've had to roll them up again at the bottom which loses the hem detailing - but that's normal for me when it comes to buying non-petite sized trousers. If I were more of a seamstress I would just adjust them... maybe one day I'll dig the old sewing machine out and give it a go.



I have recently purchased some black wedge espadrilles from Very which went perfectly with this outfit and I'm looking forward to pairing them with some Summer dresses soon.

I roped my Husband in to take the full length shots as it was easier than farting about with the tripod etc but it was really hard to pose without laughing or feeling ridiculously self conscious. Also, when you can't see yourself you have no concept of how the photo will look so I felt enormously vein making him take photo after photo... it was good fun though and I'm sure he enjoyed his brief sojourn as Cecil Beaton. I have a feeling he'll be behind the lens again soon - whether he likes it or not!

Fit of the giggles
I was actually really comfortable so was able to run around after the toddler in this outfit but I'm not sure I would wear these trousers outside of the house as I'm not convinced they are flattering... I've washed them since these photos were taken and I'm hoping they might shrink a bit.

Make-up wasn't anything unusual - I wore the falsies but kept the lip subtle as that just felt right with the ensemble. Looking at these photos I really feel I need to do something with my nails but it's having the time and also knowing they won't chip within seconds. I hate chipped nail polish. Would love a Dita style red manicure with the half moons but no idea how I would achieve that on my own convincingly or where I would get them done like that around here. I think that might be another project...



So, relatively pleased with this look but there's still plenty to work on and things to experiment with.

Anyway, thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment