Search My Blog

Thursday 30 June 2016

Tea dress and a crisis of confidence


I've been feeling a bit low the last few days and it's been a struggle to get up the motivation to dress up etc. I've also been finding it hard to leave the house. Not sure why I get bouts of this but it does happen now and again. It's really frustrating. I did have a phone call with HR at the beginning of the week which I was very nervous about and which I think might have triggered this. Although the call itself was not particularly scary it does have ramifications in my upcoming work life. I won't know anything for sure until the end of this week apparently but having it hanging over me does create a bit of a cloud.

I did nothing of note yesterday and so there are no outfits or anything to blog about. However, the day before I did manage to cobble something together so here it is!

I originally did my hair like the below -  a suicide roll, old flower slide and a polka dot scarf:




However, I took this all out as was feeling really uninspired and was panicking about going outside with it. Seriously! I feel stupid writing that but there you go.

So, instead I tied my hair into a ponytail, then added a black chiffon scarf and I used my faberoo Babyliss Perfect Curl to curl it.





For some reason I felt better with my hair like this as it's not an exact style I've done before and it felt quite cute and Rockabilly.

I wore an old Dorothy Perkins teal tea dress that I bought eons ago in BHS. I have a lovely pale baby blue cropped cardigan from New Look that looked well with the dress and, as my feet are still recovering from my Miss L Fire sandals, I wore some comfy but ugly slip on black plimsolls.





I managed to drag myself and baby up to the post office in this. Dressing up can be really self affirming some days and other days it can make me feel very self conscious. I really enjoy it but there's those days when the voices crowd me a bit and I start second guessing everything. Sorry, this must be really boring to read!


I also used my new Benefit 'They're real; push up gel eyeliner' in beyond black and some of their new brow products ( they have a new range and now have 9 different products for girls and their brows). I will blog about them another time.

Thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment