Search My Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Sweaty Betty Panda Face

So, after my lovely children awoke screeching at the same time from their naps yesterday I decided to take them for a walk; to try and wear the toddler out and give the baby some fresh air. It was possibly the longest and slowest walk ever as Henry stopped at every stone, stick, car, blade of grass...  It was also bloody hot as well - I instantly regretted wearing the cardi and jeans. I came home looking like a sweaty panda. Thanks unpredictable British weather.


Oooooh, new Shoes

However, I did get to take my new sandals for a spin. I'm in love with them - they're gorgeous and comfortable *sigh* They're from a special 'artisan' line from the good old British shoe favourite Clarks and are available in half sizes and wide fittings.


I was originally looking for a kind of forties tan woven job for the Summer but came across these twenties T-Bar flats and fell in love. They have them in white or black too but I felt tan would be really versatile for day wear and especially lovely with a sundress. I found them for a discounted price and free delivery from Donaghy's online.

I still love the old Clarks telly ad:


On another note

This morning's instagram post was inspired by the lovely retro fashion blogger Warning: Curves Ahead and her now viral post 24 Things Women Over 30 Should Wear (plus a bit of Nicky Minaj style shade thrown in from me). She wrote this fab piece in response to an extremely irritating 'writer' called Kallie Provencher who published a piece for Rantchic.com entitled 24 things women should stop wearing after age 30.

Wearing overalls because I fucking want to

It's also not the first of this type of article Kallie has written about 30 year old women. I'm not going to list them or add links as I don't think she should get any further attention but needless to say I think it's complete and total bollocks, because;

A) I don't like anyone telling me what to wear.
B) What has being over 30 got to do with it?
C) And what the fuck has it got to do with you anyway Kallie Provencher????

#womenover30shouldwearwhateverthefucktheywant 

So, let's all tell this Kallie and all the other lazy journalists of her ilk to fucking do one and stop talking out of their back sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment