Search My Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2016

From Rockabilly to Forties in 3 steps

In my last post I created a large barrel roll coupled with my first attempts at a French Twist and finished it off with a grey bandana. 

I then decided to create a second look based around the big top roll I had managed to make as it seemed such a shame to waste something that had taken so long! I quickly run through the second style here in this post:



This time I added to the large front roll by pairing it with two victory rolls and simply pinning the rest of my hair back. I then added in a gorgeous slide of multi-coloured flowers I bought recently on a big floral hair accessory splurge from ASOS

Also, I'm wearing my new favourite square stud earrings in a tortoise shell style finish... also a purchase from the faberoo ASOS. They just seem to go with everything and have that simple retro feel to them.





It's so messy when I look back at it in these photosI have a lot of practice before I get those lovely smooth finishes I've seen on Instagram and on the internet but it was fun to switch up the style from one to another - these few changes really took the whole look from Rockabilly to Forties. I've still to experiment with pomade at this point and from what I can tell, it will really help to mold the hair style and give a better finish than hairspray does.

I then unpinned the back of my hair and clipped it all together with a large gold barrette. I think this suits me better... I always feel so severe with my hair all up and away from my face like this. I love how this turned out - it's so colourful and vintage feeling.


And that's it for today's post... will be back tomorrow with another experimental vintage look.

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment