Search My Blog

Friday 24 June 2016

Pretty in Pink OOTD


Yesterday's outfit was somewhat inspired by the fact it was apparently National Pink Day (who makes these things a thing?). Now, anyone who knows me will know I'm not a big fan of pink on the whole, although I have been embracing it more and more. This outfit it about as pink as I get though!


The top is a finely knitted cream v neck with a pussy bow detailing that I purchased from La Redoute. The skirt has been featured in this blog before and is from Lindy Bop.


The shell pink flower earrings are a New Look purchase and are larger than I would normally go for but I really like them. I used Benefit Dandelion face brightening make-up on my cheeks (pink) and on my eyelids to keep in with the pink theme. No eyeliner today but a couple of coats of mascara and my new favourite NYX 'Eden' matte red lip. It just felt too hot and sticky to have any heavy eye make-up, I could just imagine it slipping down my face gradually as the day went on.




My floral hair arrangement is one I got from ASOS and is on a barrette clip. Annoyingly the clip was broken from the moment I opened the packet but luckily it was nothing I couldn't fix with a pair of pliers. My bad luck also extended to my new top - I noticed as the day wore on that there was a hole under one arm. Especially annoying as it was the first time I'd worn it and I don't have any of the tags or original wrapping for it in order to be able to return it. I'll have to see if I can sew it.




It was a particularly humid day which meant make-up just wanted slide off my face. You'll have to excuse any shininess in the photos!


And as I was taking some photos my gorgeous little pudge woke up from his nap and I couldn't resist getting a few shots with him. He's such a smiley little man!




I'm really enjoying putting together the outfits and sharing them on Instagram. And I'm getting better at venturing out of the house without editing myself - although I have to confess on this day I changed out of the skirt and took the flowers out of my hair as it was so hot & humid but it was raining too so I schleped the double buggy to and from nursery in jeans and rain mac. So glamourous!


Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment