Search My Blog

Sunday 12 June 2016

The Out Out Report


A short post from me as today has been a lazy Sunday.

Photos by Laura Price & Liz Scudder x

But... I actually went out out last night! First time in a very long time and a welcome chance to dress up, have a catch up & a glass of bubbly with my lovely girlies.

I was actually quite nervous about being out on the town because it's been so long - I have no idea what 'the kids' are doing these days and I was also a little worried about any loutish comments from the drunken locals, especially as England were playing football in the Euros. I was also worried the blue hair and retro style clothing would mark me out for some potential piss taking. Apart from some incomprehensible comment from a drunken fool on my walk home, I needn't have worried - it was a lovely evening and I just wish I could have stayed out longer. The baby had me on a tight curfew so I had to get my wiggle on just after 11pm.

What I wore

I dressed in an off the shoulder ribbed black 'Bardot' style top from New Look (through ASOS) with my Lindy Bop floral pencil skirt. I kept my hair simple with a barrette and my make-up was full on falsies and red lips.




As I needed to get the boys fed, bathed and to bed before I could hit the town, I got ready early so that I could run out the door on the dot. Sadly, my youngest managed to cover me in his dinner!! So, the lovely outfit I had planned had to be quickly changed... I slipped on my red tartan pencil skirt and navy 'Onasis' knitted top from Lindy Bop. This was a bit warm for a busy bar but was the best I could do at such short notice.

I was also wearing my forties style suede Clarks shoe boots, faux leather jacket and was armed with my Cath Kidston green polkadot umbrella (ah, the lovely rainy British Summer). I was a bit stuck for a suitable handbag so I just took my old battered but trusty star shaped River Island handbag.

It was quite the novelty to wake up on a Sunday morning after a night out and be clear headed, haha.

And finally

My two year old was 'helping' me dry my hair this morning. I had to share - you can just feel my pain can't you?! It's usually too close and burning my head and/or trying to knock me out with the nozzle. Love him.


Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment