Search My Blog

Friday 10 June 2016

Sandra Oh!

So, I had a first try on of some of my Lindy Bop box and took loads of photos a couple of weeks ago and then promptly forgot to blog about it. Well done me. This post is therefore mainly photo based and is me trying out some of my new threads and trying to get different looks and styles with them.

Day Dress

The first thing I couldn't wait to get on was this Blush coloured day dress. It gives me total Sandra Dee vibes and think it would look fab paired with a leather jacket and white plimsolls. Here I've made it more vintage garden party with the straw visor and small glitzy earrings







Onassis

Another outfit, another visor! I love these Onassis knitted tops and put this navy one with a gorgeous navy and green tartan pencil skirt. It makes me feel quite Joan Holloway and hour glassey... which is not a bad feeling. 





 


Off duty Hollywood starlet

I brushed the curls out and loved the finish - I thought matched with the below retro cardigan it had an off duty Hollywood starlet type of look to it.

 

And with the red rose added in, it felt fun and easily became my favourite photos of the whole session. Was just a quick throw in of an accessory - goes to show it pays to try different things.




More Joan Holloway feels

I changed the pencil skirt to this amazing Navy floral one and really loved it...  again felt very womanly and curvy in this pairing so a definite win. I also felt this had more of a glam feel to it than the tartan.

Perfectly prim in purple

I then tried a purple sundress with a sweetheart neckline, not sure about the capped sleeves on me so would probably put a cardigan with it to wear it out. Think it will look lush with a petticoat though - quite like the idea of trying it with a red one - one of my favourite colour combinations (we had those colours at our wedding). This outfit felt more demure with my hair caught back and a purple hair comb added in. Also loved the purple against my blue hair.





Black Widow

This was actually my least favourite look of the session. I love all the components but put all together it felt a bit too dark. The lipstick is a Rimmel dark purple from Kate Moss which I layered on top of the Red. 





I still have loads of the box to go through as I did go a bit crazy in the sale - in my defence the prices were amazing *sheepish look*


The Haul

My full intention is to start putting together an outfit/look regularly (possibly not daily as it depends on my children and how much time and space I have to actually do it). Some days will be more full on than others but I do want to incorporate more Rockabilly/vintage notes in my everyday wardrobe.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment